Values/Virtues Lenten Study Series
Lent gives us the opportunity to deepen our connections with each other and our world as we reflect on the life and ministry of Jesus. And while we cannot do this in person, we have the following online opportunity that we hope you will avail as spiritual food for the journey.
As a backdrop to exploring the life and passion of Jesus, we will utilize 6 guiding values from The Virtues Project and connect them to our BVU Values Statement. Some of the questions we will explore together are:
- How did these values guide and sustain Jesus in his ministry and calling>?
- How might these values and virtues assist and encourage us on our own spiritual paths, and as we walk with each other in community?
Virtues: Love/Compassion, Humanity, Faithfulness, Service, Integrity and Resilience.
How to Register:
- If you are in a small group already, your group will choose how it wants to participate in a Lenten program.
- For those who are NOT yet in a small group, you are invited to join an on-line Zoom gathering for six Sunday evenings from 7-8pm, beginning Sun Feb 21 through to Mar 28.
The Virtues & Values Zoom Series will be led by Margaret Harper and Betty Doherty. We welcome you to this time of spiritual nurture, connection and exploration. Questions can be directed to email@example.com or register here
An Indigenous Lenten Study
An Indigenous Lenten Study on Christ’s journey as we examine the Vision Quest and 7 Natural Laws of the Assiniboine people. Everyone is welcome to partake in the teachings, perspectives and lessons of traditional spiritual formation and the Church.
Please note the time will be 6:30pm (Victoria Time), via Zoom on Wednesdays – February 17th – March 31st Hosted by Tony Snow, Indigenous Leader.
Sponsored by the Urban Indigenous Circle and Chinook Winds Region.
To Register: Email Tony Snow
Queer Virtue Lenten Series
Based on the book “Queer Virtue” by the Rev. Elizabeth Edman. This series is designed to help us think about Jesus’ demand that we challenge – or “queer”- thinking that pits us against one another. The ultimate question is: how can we live our faith and be the church more effectively?
For more information and to register
- Wednesday Feb 10 6:30pm – 8pm PST
Online Lenten Series co-lead by PMR and CWR Affirming Working Groups
5 week series: Mondays nights 6:30-8pm PST
- Feb 22 – Identity/Pride
- Mar 1 – Risk/Coming Out
- Mar 8 – Touch
- Mar 15 – Adoption/Authenticity
The LGBTQ2S+ community persistently looks to the margins to see who isn’t yet included and decide what we’re going to do about it. This “path” bears remarkable similarity to the path that Christians are called to walk. Thus, queer experience is a lens that can help Christians better understand and navigate an authentic Christian path.
Online Live Event
Queer Virtue – What Next? with Rev. Liz Edman
- Wednesday Apr 14, 6:30-8pm PST