October 23, 2020 at 12:48 am #1534
TO BE A LIFE-GIVING GROUP WE WANT TO INSURE THAT OUR MEETINGS HAVE:
SPACE FOR ALL TO BE HEARD WITHOUT INTERRUPTION.
SPACE WHERE ALL HAVE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITHOUT JUDGEMENT.
THE ASSURANCE THAT WHAT IS SHARED IS CONFIDENTIAL.
THE FREEDOM TO EXPRESS A VARIETY OF OPINIONS.
SPACE WHERE TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP CAN DEVELOP AND FLOURISH.
A PROPOSED START TIME AND A PROPOSED FINISH TIME.
A RELEVANT FOCUS.
WHERE POSSIBLE, STICK TO THE TOPIC.
WE WANT TO AVOID LIFE-DRAINING INCIDENTS SUCH AS:
CROSS TALKING AND INTERRUPTING A SPEAKER.
TALKING ALL AT ONCE.
HEARING ONE VOICE CONSTANTLY.
UNDUE CRITISM AND JUDGEMENT.
LACK OF RESPECT AND GOSSIP.
HEARING SOMEONE’S STORY TOLD IN PUBLIC WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.
MEETINGS DRAGGING ON.
DRIFTING WAY OFF TOPIC.
October 23, 2020 at 6:05 pm #1537Shelagh MartinusenParticipant
- This topic was modified 2 years ago by Meghan Vaughan.
Excellent Val. I’m hoping that by posting it here it’s available for the rest of us to borrow?October 23, 2020 at 6:11 pm #1538
Absolutely, please share and would love to read any additions. VBOctober 28, 2020 at 1:39 pm #1613Betty DohertyParticipant
This is our rough draft so far:
2. Opening and closing – stay the same for several meetings
– take turns reading them
3. Check-in – no interruptions unless going over time
4. Open to new members in September or January if space
5. Meet every 2 weeks by zoom for 1 hour (subject to change)
6. Share the load, everyone contributes (holds the rim)
7. Focus on education for now – self-awareness around privilege
8. Continuing to evolve around prayer (spiritual practice) and
listening, support, getting to know each other, belonging
being heard, curiosity, clarifying questions, eye contact
Justice GroupNovember 2, 2020 at 7:13 pm #1630Margaret HarperParticipant
GROUP AGREEMENT (WENDY BROWN’S BASIC GROUP)
Those of us who met agreed that in order for our group to discover and develop a feeling of real connection with one another, we all need to:
– mutually respect one another’s views
– engage with a spirit of openness and positivity
– listen deeply to one another with head and with heart
– share our experiences and stories with honesty and depth
– determine a common purpose and set goals
– honour confidentiality; what we bring to the group, stays in the group unless permission is given for sharing beyond the group
– resolve any conflicts that may arise
– commit to the group, to participating and to our shared experience
This group is meeting approx. once/month via Zoom for two 40 minute segments.
They are taking turns with offering the opening and closing prayers/readings. etc.
This group of women has decided for their first learning/study that they will each research a woman of the bible, and present their learnings to rest of group.
November 5, 2020 at 12:54 am #1645Andrea HubbardParticipant
- This reply was modified 2 years ago by Margaret Harper.
Thank you for sharing these. We may plagiarize a bit, okay?
Andrea (Progressive Christianity group)November 5, 2020 at 1:03 am #1646
Yes. No problem from the ES group!November 5, 2020 at 1:59 am #1647Betty DohertyParticipant
We post to be plagiarized. Enjoy!June 1, 2021 at 9:25 pm #2009Margaret HarperParticipant
Thomas and Cheryl’s Group Agreement
- This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Margaret Harper.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.